Enjoy your delicious homemade stuffed wheat flour chilla with your choice of filling!
You can aloso try our other recipes: Besan ka Cheela
For the Chilla Batter
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon (Optional)
- Water, as needed
- oil for Cooking
For the Stuffing
- Spinach – 2 cups
- Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
- Boiled corn – 2 tablespoons
- Crumbled Paneer (Cottage cheese) – 1/2 cup
- Cheese – 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil – 1/2 tablespoon
How to make wheat flour chilla
Prepare the Chilla Batter
- Firstly, take a mixing bowl, combine wheat flour, milk and salt, mix everything well to combine.
- Gradually add water while whisking the mixture to fa smooth flowing consistency in the batter. Break lumps if any while mixing batter. Let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and sauté until the onions turn translucent. Now add spinach and salt. Sauté until the spinach wilts and any excess moisture evaporates.
- Now add corn and crumbled paneer. Mix everything well and cook for a few minutes, now add cheese and stir well and cook for a few more minutes until the flavors meld together. Turn off the gas and set it aside to cool.
Cook the Chilla
- Heat a non pan over medium-high heat and lightly grease it with oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the chilla batter onto the pan and spread it evenly to form a thin circle. On a low flame cook the chilla till the top begins to look cooked.
- Place a portion of the prepared spinach filling on one half of the chilla. Gently fold the other half of the chilla over the spinach filling, creating a half-moon shape.
- Cook until the bottom side turns golden brown and crisp, then carefully flip it and cook the other side until it’s also golden brown.
- Remove the spinach stuffed chilla from the skillet and place it on a plate.
- Finally, Serve hot with a side of green chutney or pickles to add a burst of flavour.