The Original Indian khichadi is generally made with rice and dal(lentils). However, in this Quinoa Khichadi recipe, we replace rice with quinoa which has its own benefits. It’s not only nutritious and healthy but also helps in weight loss. This recipe is gluten-free with high protein and also is an excellent source of protein, iron, and fiber. This is why, I am trying to add quinoa to day-to-day cooking these days.
If you love one-pot meals that are filling, healthy & super easy, then, you must not miss this Quinoa Khichdi. Delicious Quinoa recipe with step-by-step pictures. Instant Pot Quinoa Khichdi, one-pot wholesome meal made with quinoa and vegetables! It’s nutritious, filling, comforting and good!
Ingredients for making Quinoa Khichadi
- Quinoa – 1 Cup
- Onion – 1
- Cumin Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato (small) – 1
- Green chili (chopped) – 3 or as per your taste.
- Mixed Veg (carrot, Corn & Green Peas) – 2 tablespoons
- Coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon
- Cashew Nut (optional) – 7 no.
- Garlic Cloves – 1 (minced or finely chopped)
- Turmeric – 1/4th teaspoon or as per your required
- Salt to taste
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- White oil – 2 tablespoons
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and allow it to sputter.
- Put the chopped onion and garlic in the oil and mix well and sauté the onions till they are translucent.
- Now add turmeric powder and stir for 2 minutes. Then add tomato and green chili and stir for 1 minute.
- After that add mix veg , salt and Cashew nuts and mix.
Add quinoa and stir 2-3 minutes. Add water (2.5 Cups) and bring the water to boil. Once done, allow the quinoa to cook in medium flame till almost all the water is absorbed.
Add butter and mix well. After few minutes add coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off the gas.
Serve the hot & delicious Quinoa Khichdi.
- You can also checkout our Khichadi
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Onion Medium size
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tomato Small size
- 3 Green chili As per your taste, Chopped
- 2 tbsp Mixed Vegetables chopped carrot, Corn & Green Peas
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves
- 7 Cashew Nuts (optional)
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced or finely chopped
- ¼ tsp Turmeric (or as per your taste)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp White oil for frying
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and allow it to sputter.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and mix well and sauté the onions till they are translucent.
- Add turmeric powder and stir for 2 minutes. Add tomato and green chili and stir for 1 minute.
- Add mix veg & salt and mix well. Now add Cashew nuts and mix.
- Add quinoa and stir 2-3 minutes. Add water (2.5 Cups) and bring the water to boil. Allow the quinoa to cook in medium flame till almost all the water is absorbed.
- Add butter and mix well. After few minutes add coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off the gas.
- Serve the hot & delicious Quinoa Khichdi.