Pyaz ka Paratha/Onion Paratha/Indian Onion Flatbread ideally suited for daily lunch or breakfast. This is not the usual onion paratha recipe, usually onion parathas are prepared by stuffing, but this parathas are prepared by adding directly the onions, green chilies, salt and oil or ghee to the flour. When you really want something delicious, easy and quick but don’t want to put in too much effort for breakfast or lunch or office tiffin/kids tiffin, this onion paratha or pyaz ka paratha is just right recipe. “Furthermore It can be served with a variety of side dishes such as chutneys, pickles, curd or curries.” You just need to follow some simple steps given below and enjoy! You can also try our other Indian bread recipes – Aloo ki puri, Aloo ka Paratha, Gobi ka Paratha, Plain Paratha, Paneer ka Paratha, Chicken Keema Paratha , Roti & Sooji ki Roti.
- Wheat Flour – 2 Cups
- Onion – 1
- Green Chilies – 4-5 or as per your taste
- Salt to taste
- White oil – 2 tablespoons
- Clarified butter for frying
How to make dough
- Chopped onion and green chilies.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oil, onion, green chilies and salt. Add water gradually to make a smooth dough. Take a few drops of oil in your palm and rub it over the dough. Cover the dough and set aside for 15 minutes.
How to make paratha
- Divide the dough into equal-sized balls. Take one ball and dust it with some flour.
- Roll out the ball into a flat disc, about 1/4th inch thick. Heat a tawa or griddle over medium heat. Place the paratha on the hot tawa and cook until small bubbles start to appear on the surface.
- Flip the paratha and brush some ghee on top. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Flip the paratha again and spread ghee on the other side. Press the edges of the paratha gently with a spatula to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Serve hot with chutneys, pickles, curd or curries. Enjoy your delicious pyaz ka paratha.