Today I am sharing super quick, easy and light Phoran Wali Aloo ki Sabji recipe, which is also one of my favorite. I strongly recommend you to try this recipe immediately. I served this with puri and it was like heaven. This is an unique recipe. This phoran wali aloo ki sabji recipe quite different than the usual aloo curry recipe. Serve this curry along with hot puri. There is no special spice powder in this recipe, there is only some usual spices for taste. The spicyness comes from the green chilies. Let me present to you simple, quick and delicious recipe step by step. I am sure you all will love this delicious aloo ki sabji. This recipe can be served as a main dish with Puri or Chapati or paratha. Read also Khatti Arbi ka Salan.
- Potato – 3 (Medium Size)
- Green chili – 8 or as per your taste
- Tomato – 1 (Medium size)
- Mustard oil – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric – ½ teaspoon or as per your requirement.
- Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – ½ teaspoon.
- Ginger paste – ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- First peel the potatoes and cut them thin slice and soak them in water to avoid discoloration.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan on medium flame. Add mustard seed, sauté until the spluttering stop.
- Add potatoes slice and salt and stir well. Cook and stir until the potatoes are tender, about 8-10 minutes. After 2 minutes add green chilies.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato slice, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder. After 1 minutes add chopped green chilies. Sauté till combined well and raw smell disappears.
- Add ½ cup water or just enough to make a thin curry (not very thick). Switched off flame and garnish with coriander leaves (optional).
- Serve with Puri.
Leave a Reply