Looking for a mouthwatering veg burger recipe? Try our quick and easy homemade veg burger recipe. Packed with nutritious vegetables and savoury flavours. This veg burger is a delightful option for both vegetarians and burger enthusiasts.
How is veggie burger made off? Here’s a basic overview of how a veggie burger is typically made.
- Burger Buns – 2
For Roasting Burger buns
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Potatoes, boiled – 9 (Medium sized)
- Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- green chilies – 9 (chopped)
- Tapioca pearl or sago – 2 tablespoons
- Mixed veg – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
For Shallow fry Patties
- Oil – ½ tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Flattened rice flour (Poha) – 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
For breadcrumbs coating
- Fresh Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
- Lettuce leaves – 4- 5
- Tomato sliced – 1 medium
- Onion sliced & grilled – 1 medium
- Cheese slice – 2
- Mayonnaise – 2 tablespoons
- First, Heat the oil and butter in a pan on a medium flame and add the ginger-garlic paste and stir well.
- Now, add mixed vegetables and sauté them until they become soft. Toss in the green chilies and mix thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, take boiled potatoes and mash them. Then, add salt and garam masala, and sauté the mixture well. Now, combine this mixture with the mashed potatoes. Set it aside to cool.
- Once it’s cool, Equally divide the mixture and shape it into burger patties of your desired size.
- In the meantime, take another pan over medium heat, lightly grease it with oil. Slice the onion into rings and grill them in the pan.
- Add a bit of butter to the same pan and shallow fry the veggie patties. Cook them for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are nicely browned. While the patties are cooking, cut the burger buns and toast them on a separate part of the pan.
- Now, take the bottom half of the bun and spread mayonnaise on it. Add lettuce, followed by sliced tomato. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper.
- Place the veggie patties on top, add the grilled onions, and then a slice of cheese. Close the burger with the top half of the bun.
- Finally, serve your mouthwatering veggie burger with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!