Homemade hung curd is simple curd. It is nothing but yogurt drained of all its water. Hung curd is incredibly versatile and can be used in both savoury and sweet dishes like Dahi Kebab, Shrikhand etc. Learn how to make creamy and delicious homemade hung curd recipe. Follow these steps to create a thick and creamy hung curd at home.
You can also try our other recipes : Curd Kebab Or Dahi ke Kebab
- Plain Curd (full-fat curd) – 4 cups
- Muslin cloth (cheesecloth)
- A strainer
- A bowl
How do make hung curd at home?
- Firstly, Place a strainer over a bowl, then line a muslin cloth (cheesecloth) on the strainer.
- Pour the curd onto the center of the muslin cloth. Then bring the edges of the muslin cloth together and gently twist so that the whey can drip into the bowl below. Set it aside for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour hang the curd any other convenient place. Let the curd drain for at least 4-6 hours, or overnight for a thicker consistency.
How should store hung curd?
- When straining, Store hung curd in an airtight container in the refrigerator, otherwise, the curd can turn sour.
How can use hung curd for?
- Hung curd is a versatile ingredient that can be used in recipes like Dahi Kebab, Shrikhand, Veg wrap, Creamy salad dressings, cheesecakes, among others.