Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: Bengali Recipes
- Baingan- ½ kg
- Tomatoes - 2 chopped
- Curd - 1 cup
- Green chillies - 4 slit
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger pow - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Bay leaves - 2
- Hing - a pinch
- Rosted shahjeera powder - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salad to taste
- White oil as required
- Clarified butter - 1 tbsp
- Wash the Baingan ( Eggplant or Aubergine) , pat dry, and Slit them lengthwise.
- Smear these slit Baingan with salt and fry in hot oil.
- Keep these fried Baingan aside. They should look something like this.
- We will now prepare the spice mix for the Baingan Korma. Heat oil in a wok, add bay leaves and hing.
- After a few seconds add chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger - garlic paste, sugar and salt.
- Stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add beaten curd and continue to fry till the oil separates.
- Add a little water, and after you see it boiling, add fried Baingan.
- When the water dries up, add 1 tbsp clarified butter and sprinkle roasted shahjeera (or Jeera if you cannot find the ShahJeera) powder.
- Before serving, garnish with slit green chillies and tomatoes.
- The Baingan Korma is ready to be served.
Recipe by FoodFlavor.in at https://www.foodflavor.in/baingan-korma-how-to-make-eggplant-korma/