Learn how to make delicious and crispy Kurkuri Bhindi with this easy recipe. A perfect side dish for your Indian meal.
- Ladies finger (okra, Bhindi) – 200 grams
- Red chili powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Gram Flour (Besan) – 1 & 1/2 tablespoons
- Garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chat Masala – 1/4th teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard Oil for Cooking – 4 tablespoons
- Wash the bhindi thoroughly and pat them completely dry with a kitchen towel. Now, Trim the ends of the bhindi and slice the them vertically into 4 pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, add the sliced bhindi and combine with gram flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garlic powder, chat masala and salt. Coat them evenly with the spice mixture. Ensure each piece is well coated, and there are no clumps. If you need water then sprinkle some water over the bhindi and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai or pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the coated bhindi and stir well. Let it cook for 10-12 minutes.Once all the bhindi is fried and crispy, turn off the gas.
- Serve them hot with Roti, Rice and Dal, Paratha and Puris.