Aloo bhaja is famous in Bengal. Jhuri aloo bhaja is traditional Bengali recipe. Aloo Jhuri bhaja goes well with plain rice and dal, khichadi. Jhuri aloo bhaja is an easy and quick recipe. It is non spicy and is prepared with minimal ingredients. Today I am sharing easy to make Jhuri aloo bhaja recipe. You should try this recipe.
- Potato – 3
- Salt – optional
- Mustard oil for frying
- Curry leaves – 2-3 sprigs
- Peanuts – 1/4th cup
- Wash, peel and great potatoes using a potato grater.
- Wash under running tap water for multiples times or until the water gets crystal clear. This process will help you to remove the starch contains in potatoes. That will also help it get crispy.
- Squeeze the grated potatoes and spread on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Heat oil in a wok or deep-frying pan on medium heat. Once the oil hot fry the sprigs of curry leaves. Similarly fry the peanuts.
- Drop potato juliennes into hot oil in small batches. Fry the potato till light brown. Keep in mind that potato juliennes will brown slightly more even after taking out from the oil. Remove the onions on a paper towel and the moment put separated so that it cools down as fast as possible.
- Do the same process with the remaining potato juliennes.
- When it has cooled completely, store in an airtight container.
You can also checkout our Birista
Leave a Reply